Friday, April 25, 2014

HOME MADE CERELAC FOR BABY

Being a new mom, I was very concerned about my baby care. One of those was my baby's diet. I was giving s00ji (semolina) boiled in milk to my son. But it was not enough actually.

One day my maid came with her grand daughter. She was only 10 days elder than my son. Seeing her I asked what was her diet.

She told me the recipe that I liked because it contained protein, vitamins.

Ingredients:
Sooji (Semolina)
Steamed rice
Wheat flour
Toor daal (Pigeon peas split)
Whole moong (Green gram whole)
Broken moong (Green gram split)
Yellow moong
Almonds
Raagi
Masoor dal (pink lentil)











METHOD:
First wash all beans and pulses then make them dry.
Fry them in a pan with small amount of ghee. Fry it till it becomes a bit brown.
Make it cool and grind it all.
Seperately fry wheat flour, and semolina also on low flame.
Mix all ingredients. Fill in a container.

Whenever use, take two spoon of this cerelac powder, mix in milk, add sugar. Also we can add small amount salt with sugar as its good for babies bones. Boil it and its ready to feed your baby.



2 comments: